Tuesday, March 29, 2016

I am not much of a reader so to choose a significant book is kind of difficult. I remember always reading Shel Silverstein growing up, and in a weird way he is very inspiring. The book A light in the Attic is my favorite. Inside contains all kinds of shorts stories, or poems, or just some soft words. One of the stories in the book is called
Hammock

Grandma sent the hammock,
The good Lord sent the breeze.
I’m here to do the swinging-
Now, who’s gonna move the trees?

I have said a couple times in my recent posts, I LOVE hammocks, its relaxing and cooling and a thing I love to do.
Another short story in the book is called
Something Missing

download.jpg

I remember I put on my socks,
I remember I put on my shoes.
I remember I put on my tie,
That was painted
In beautiful purple and blues.
I remember I put on my coat,
To look perfectly grand at the dance,
Yet I feel there is something
I may have forgot--
What is it? What is it?






This story remind me a lot of my life, I am a very forgetful person, it may not be as extreme as forgetting my pants, but the little things I seem to forget. Trust me, I have bought lots and lots of toothbrushes! This book can tie up with my life in a lot of different ways. It is definitely a book I will read to my kids one day.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me of this book. I used to read these to my own kids. The last one reminds me of a recurring dream - or nightmare, rather- that I show up at school just like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete